Summer is winding down, but there is still plenty of time for weekend fun. What better way to spend a weekend than with your best four-legged friend? Here are some ideas on how to make the most out of those two days using the free BarkHappy app.
- Find a perfect patio for a meal. Treat your dog to a meal at a dog-friendly restaurant for brunch, lunch or dinner. There are lots of fabulous patios that allow dogs. Many restaurants have bowls for water, and a few even have special menu items for pups!
- Plan a playdate. Set up a time with a friend so your fur children can play together. Take a walk, explore a park or just hang out at home. If all of your buddies are busy, look for a new friend on the BarkHappy app.
- Hit up dog friendly bars for a drink. You will make friends and so will Fido. Not sure which bar will be the best for you and your bestie? The BarkHappy app will tell you everything you need to know!
- Attend a dog friendly event. BarkHappy hosts fun events in cities all over the US. Most events feature complimentary goodies for your dog. Check the Events section of the app for upcoming events in your community. If there are no events coming up, the app lets you host your own private play dates with your friends! So create one today!
- Explore local off-leash parks. With fall approaching, playing outside with your dog is a great idea! Your pup will get some exercise and learn to socialize. Bring a ball to play fetch with Fido.
- Shop til you drop! Treat Fido to a new toy or snack at your local pet store or explore any dog friendly store. Not sure where that is? The map inside the BarkHappy app has a list of stores close to you that will allow your pup to join in on the shopping fun.
- Plan ahead. Do your research to find out which local businesses allow dogs. Use the app to explore dog friendly shops, restaurants, bars and other fun dog friendly spots.
What did you and your dog do this weekend? We want to see your adventures! Tag #BarkHappy on Facebook and Instagram to be featured!